Randy Beale, Technical Consultant & Precision Skills Instructor
Summary of Qualifications & Career Overview
Randy Beale’s field of expertise became apparent at a young age when he studied fluid power at the Milwaukee School of Engineering earning a 4.0 GPA and recognition by the owner for his drafting talents. This was the first of many professional acknowledgements and honors Randy has received. He became the youngest outside sales person ever hired by Weldon Engineering. For four years at N.L. Rucker he was a Technical Account Manager and provided engineering guidance on hydraulic systems for the sales team and customers in the construction, agricultural, mining, industrial and marine markets. He launched Great Lake Fluid Power and provided engineering services in power hydraulics for the marine and amusement industries including designing several patented products. He was valued by his clients for his talents in design, installation, troubleshooting, service and repair. He developed another patented product, a filter design, in his next role as a Regional Manager for Fairey-Arlon.
At Linde Hydraulics for seven years Randy expanded his sales engineering role to include training, developing the entire instructional program for a new product. Training continued in his next two positions where he provided technical support and instruction for distributors on fluid power systems and components. Randy and his students enjoyed his classes and he moved into a fulltime teaching role for hydraulics, centrifugal pumps and pump systems at BABCO for two years. Randy recognized that the fluid power industry is in its infancy in “Precision Maintenance” and he joined Reliability Solutions in 2012 to share their comprehensive approach and his 30+ years of expertise with clients globally.
Expertise & Client Contributions
• Designing, troubleshooting, repairing, servicing and installing fluid power systems.
• Contributing to the fluid power industry by creating multiple patented products.
• Providing technical and engineering support for customers in the marine, amusement, industrial, manufacturing, construction, agricultural, mining and paper arenas.
• Delivering comprehensive, engaging and practical training that elevates the skill and knowledge base of technicians, craftspeople, supervisors, engineers and operators on “Precision Maintenance” practices and fluid power systems.
• Assisting employers in integrating Reliability thinking into the fluid power process, increasing safety, uptime, productivity, equipment lifetime and product consistency.
Credentials & Professional Development
• Associates Degree, Fluid Power, Milwaukee School of Engineering, Milwaukee, WI
• Charter-Certified Fluid Power Technician
• Member of the International Fluid Power Society, IFPS
• Extensive training over 30+ years in: hydraulics, pneumatics and fluid power systems and manufacturer-specific equipment
Work History & Training Engagements
• International Paper
• GE Turbine Group
• Linde Hydraulics
• Georgia Pacific
• The Walt Disney Company
• MP Filtri
• Metso Minerals