Bryce McKinnon, Maintenance Shop Operations Supervisor
Summary of Qualifications / Career Overview
Bryce McKinnon entered the workforce for a company that manufactures toolboxes and fuel cells where he demonstrated his proficiency in aluminum welding even in the absence of a formal training program. A year later he joined a golf cart accessory manufacturer and contributed to the 750% growth of the company over 5 years. Working in R&D he designed new products, such as a brush guard and lift kits, and built prototypes and fixtures to ensure consistency and quality in production. In 2006 he was promoted to Plant Manager overseeing 30 employees in production and operations. In this role he learned a lot about the value of fully functional industrial equipment and the impact of manufacturing downtime.
Bryce joined Reliability Solutions Maintenance LLC in 2008 as a Senior Technician where he assisted in maintaining a $1 million plus inventory of demonstration equipment used by the company’s training organization. He performed “Precision Maintenance” and repair of the equipment, including vibration analysis and alignment of motors and fans. He traveled to customer sites and provided hands-on assistance for maintenance teams. In 2012 he was promoted to Maintenance Shop Operations Supervisor where he manages all service employees in logistics and field services. In this capacity he also uses his R&D background and AutoCAD skills in the design of customized demonstration equipment to meet clients’ specific training needs.
Expertise & Client Contributions
• Supervising field service, logistics and production employees ensuring quality and customer service standards are maintained.
• Designing and building customized demonstration equipment for Reliability Solutions trainers using AutoCAD tools.
• Performing R&D functions and designing new products.
• Serving in a field advisory capacity, contributing to the skill enhancement of clients’ maintenance teams to craftsmen level.
• Performing welding, machinist, preventative maintenance, precision balancing, new machine installation, and vibration analysis, along with Spare Part Preservation and coupling inspections.
• Ensuring the availability, precision state, and security of industrial equipment used for demonstrations in all of Reliability Solutions numerous training classes.
Credentials & Professional Development
• Two-year, Vocational School Welding Certification Program, Locklin Vo-Tech, Milton, FL
• Reliability Solutions Training LLC Training Classes completed: Essential Reliable manufacturing Skills Precision Maintenance courses…Assembly and Installation, Fluid Power Skills, Pump System Skills, Vibration Analysis, Asset Operation Troubleshooting & Inspection Techniques
Work History & Training Engagements
• International Paper
• Georgia Pacific
• Pall Industries
• Swift Lumber
• Alabama River Cellulose
• Many others asking for anonymity